What is Google Gears?
- Store and serve application resources locally
- Store data locally in a fully-searchable relational database
To know more,
- First goto Gears site. The site will identify whether your browser has the extension already installed and suggest you to install. Since the tool is early stages of development, I warn non-developers not to try immediately now. Though the tool looks very promising wait for sometime till the final version arrives.
- For (web) developers, this one is a very promising tool for the future. Go and try. Already you have sample implementation available with Google Reader. If you already using Google Reader, try the offline/online feature available there after installing Gears.
- It seems IE 6.0/Firefox 1.5+ for windows and Linux is supported out of the box. After installing flush the browser cache and restart both browsers if it is running.
- Get the documentation from here.
- If you want give feedback and suggest some more features go and post it in the Google Gears Forum.